Sunday, March 8, 2015

Health & Fitness Journey - Update 1

Hopefully your day is going well.  It's time for my first update on this journey.  I've been doing well as far as the fitness portion goes, but the health portion is lacking just a little (okay, maybe more than a little).  My main goals are looking better and feeling better by way of fat loss and muscle gain.  I am following a weight lifting program from Fit Affinity Girls.  I have completed 2 out of the 12 week program that comes in the ebook, and I am loving it. The thing that I love about the ebook, is that there are more workout templates outside of what is outlined in the 12 Week Program.  I also purchased the Ab Workout Program, which I am going to incorporate this week.  Now that I am comfortable with lifting again, I have been neglecting my cardio.  I have only been doing a 15 minute warm up before I lift, and maybe once this week I did another 20 minute walk after lifting.  It's not enough, especially considering my eating habits lately.  The thing that frustrates me the absolute most is the fact that I LOVE the way healthy food choices taste.  I still struggle with snacking on junk food (Oreos and sweets that go great with coffee are the major culprits).  With that being said here are my results from this week.

My results show that I have gained 1.6 pounds and my BMI increase 0.3kg/m2 and not any huge changes elsewhere.  My BF% in n/a for now (I forgot to purchase a caliper earlier, its now on the way from Amazon).   As far as my results go...Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I surprised? No.  

GOALS: 
•Reduce the bad snacking 
•Increase Cardio

LOVE GOD. LIVE GOOD.